Last updated: November 12, 2019
We’ll collect certain personal information from you when you use our website, when you get in touch with us about any of our products or services, and during any process to sign up, change or cancel your products and services.
- how and why we collect your personal information;
- how we use and disclose your personal information (and to whom);
- how we protect your personal information; and
- your legal rights and how the law protects you.
Information collection and use
What Information does Amondo collect about me?
When you interact with our Site, Software, and/or Services, we collect Information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Some of the Information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”).
Information you choose to give us when you create an account
When you sign up for or use our Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including:
- Your full name, password and email address. If you log into Amondo or connect it with a social networking credential, such as with your Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, Twitter or YouTube account, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name and email address. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Amondo’s access to that account.
- To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as profile pictures, a username or other useful identifying information. Other services, such as commerce products, may also require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through our services, such as User Content and Imprint shared with your friends. Keep in mind that the users you send photos, videos, comments, messages and any other content to can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the Internet at large applies to Amondo as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: When you contact Customer Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
We also collect this Information as you use the Site, Software, and/or Services:
- User Content. This consists of all text, photos, videos or other content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Services and/or Software.
Information we get when you use our services
Certain data about the devices you use to connect with Amondo and your use of the Site, Software, and/or Services are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol [IP] address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site, Software, and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. These are data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices that are using Amondo Software.
- Camera and photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to upload photos or videos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Persistent Device Identifiers. Persistent device identifiers are unique strings that are associated with the mobile device that you use to connect to our apps. Persistent device identifiers can be modified or disabled by sophisticated users.
Which Service Providers does Amondo use?
We engage Service Providers to perform functions and provide services to us in the United Kingdom, the EU and other countries. For example, we use a variety of third-party services to help operate our services, such as hosting our various blogs and wikis, and to help us understand the use of our services.
Amazon Web Services
Amondo uses Google AdSense, a service provided by Google Inc. that enables us to advertise to previous visitors of our website and allows us to track the effectiveness of these ads.
The responsible entity is:
Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA, 94043, United States
You may opt-out of targeted advertising through Google AdSense by visiting: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
You can find further information about Google’s data processing and data protection at: https://policies.google.com/
Google Analytics for Firebase
How does Amondo use my Information?
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To help us administer our Site, Software, and/or Services, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalised user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- To personalise our services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customising the content we show you, including ads.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Site, Software, and/or Services, product announcements and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- To contextualise your experience by, among other things, tagging your Imprint content using your precise location information (if, of course, you’ve given us permission to collect that information) and applying other labels based on the content.
- To send you direct marketing emails and special offers about Amondo, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. We will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you create your account or any point thereafter, regardless of whether you are an EU/EEA consumer or not.
- To display User Content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our Services.
- To provide human and algorithmic content moderation services for users who submit User Content in connection with this specific service.
- To calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Site, Software, and/or Services, and to detect and prevent fraud and misuse of those.
Does Amondo review User Content?
Other than in circumstances in which you voluntarily submit photo or video content to Amondo to be reviewed by Amondo staff or our Customers, in order to be featured in an Imprint, Amondo employees do not monitor or view your User Content stored in or transferred through our Site, Software, and/or Services, but it may be viewed if we believe the User Terms have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so to respond to your requests for user support, if we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in the User Terms, or to improve our algorithms as described in the User Content section of our User Terms. Finally, your Information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Amondo and its users, or to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
Information access and disclosure
Does Amondo share my Information?
We may share information about you in the following ways:
With other Amondo users
We may share the following information with other Amondo users:
information about you, such as your username, name and profile picture.
- Information about how you have interacted with our services, such as the Imprints you’ve posted, the names of other Amondo users you are friends with and other information that will help Amondo users understand your connections with others using our services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have Amondo friends in common.
- Any additional information you have directed us to share.
- Content you post or send. How widely your content is shared depends on your personal settings and the type of service you are using. For example, a photo may be shared to just a single friend you select, but an Imprint on your profile may be seen by any Amondo users you allow to see your Imprints.
With all Amondo users, our business partners and the general public.
We may share the following information with all Amondo users, as well as with our business partners and the general public:
Public information such as your name, username and profile picture.
Content submissions that are set to be viewable by everyone and any content that you submit to an inherently public service, like Imprints and other crowd-sourced services. This content may be viewed and shared by the public at large both on and off our services, including through search results, on websites, in apps and in online and offline broadcasts.
With our affiliates.
We may share information with entities that Amondo partners with:
With third parties.
We may share your information with the following third parties:
With Service Providers.
We may share information about you with Service Providers who perform services on our behalf. Learn more here.
With Business Partners.
We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality. For more information about information collected by third parties on our services, visit our Support Site.
With third parties for legal reasons.
We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule or regulation.
- Investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- Protect our, our users' or others' rights, property and safety.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition.
If Amondo Ltd gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties – such as advertisers – aggregated, non-personally identifiable or de-identified information.
Does Amondo sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, Amondo does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
How do third-party apps and plugins work?
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each party’s own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your Information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Will Amondo send me emails?
We only send marketing communications to users with your prior consent. For those users who have given consent, from time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates, and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Amondo emails and changing your contact preferences. All Amondo account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
Does Amondo collect information from children?
Amondo does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we determine we have collected personal information from a child younger than 16 years of age, we will take reasonable measures to remove that information from our systems. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any personal information through the Site, Service, and/or Software. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Site, Service, and/or Software without their permission.
Data storage, transfer, retention and deletion
Where is my Information stored?
How secure is my Information?
Amondo is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our Software installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site, Software, and Services.
If Amondo learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
What are your rights?
The GDPR provides you with a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include rights to the rectification or erasure of your personal data, and to restrict or object to its processing.
If you find that any of the personal data that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or contains errors, please notify us in writing and we shall undertake to make the appropriate corrections at the earliest opportunity.
Should you wish to have some or all of your personal data erased, we will endeavour to do so although there may be instances where legitimate interests or the performance of our statutory obligations prevent us from doing so. The erasure of your personal data could result in an inability to provide you with some or all of our services. Please contact us for further information regarding this.
Restriction or Objection
If you wish to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed by us, you can do so by contacting us. Please be aware that such requests could result in an inability to provide you with some or all of our services.
You also have the right to data portability and to make a data subject access request.
You may request that Amondo provide the personal data that we hold about you to another data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Please contact us for further information regarding this.
You may request to be told whether or not personal data about you is being processed by Amondo. If your personal data is being processed, you are entitled to receive a response from us that provides you with a description of that personal data, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients or category of recipients to whom that data is disclosed, the source of the personal data, and information about its retention and storage. A copy of the personal data that is undergoing processing shall be provided to you.
How can I delete my Personal Data from Amondo?
You can remove your Personal Data from Amondo at any time by logging into your account, accessing the Settings page, and then deleting your account.
How long is Personal Data retained?
You can remove your Personal Data from Amondo at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
What happens if Amondo closes my account?
If Amondo closes your account due to your violation of the User Terms, then you may contact Amondo to request deletion of your data. Amondo will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
As Amondo evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Site, Software, and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will notify you of any material changes that impact your rights under this Policy by email (to your most recently provided email address) or post any other revisions to this Policy, along with their effective date, in an easy-to-find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. Please note that your continued use of Amondo after any change means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new Policy. If you disagree with any changes in this Policy and do not wish your information to be subject to it, you will need to delete your Amondo account.
Data protection registration
Amondo is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Our data protection reference number is ZA365772.
Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Amondo’s Acceptable Use Policy. You may contact us at email@example.com or at our mailing address below:
86-90 Paul Street